DIY Natural Sunscreen
- 6 teaspoons Shea Butter
- 8 teaspoons of zinc oxide powder
- 12 teaspoons of carrier oil (almond, olive or jojoba)
- 6 teaspoons of Vitamin E oil
- 6 teaspoons of beeswax pellets
- Melt shea butter and beeswax in double boiling pot on stove top.
- Once melted, mix in the carrier oil and vitamin E oil.
- Stir until blended.
- Carefully mix in the zinc oxide powder. (It is recommended you wear a mask that covers your mouth and nose to avoid breathing in the powder)
- Mix thoroughly until all ingredients have blended.
- Allow to mixture to cool.
- Pour mixture into glass container.
- Store in a cool, dry place away from kids and pets.
Apply a generous amount to areas which will be exposed to sunlight. Careful to avoid getting into eyes or mouth. Reapply as needed after swimming or excess sweating.